Top White House Aide Resigns Over Violent Charges

Top White House Aide Resigns Over Violent Charges
Top White House Aide Resigns Over Violent Charges

Shocking news out of the White House: a former White House aide has resigned after allegations of spousal abuse from two different ex-wives. Rob Porter, who announced his resignation out of the blue on Wednesday, is accused of physically, emotionally, and verbally abusing Colbie Holderness (his first wife) and Jennifer Willoughby (his second wife). Both women claim Porter’s behavior caused their eventual separation, with Holderness stating that the abuse began from the moment they were married.

Key Facts

• Holderness’s family backs her claims, stating that she advised them of Porter’s abuse many times over throughout their marriage. Similarly, Willoughby’s friends and family also claim they were told of her abuse. At least one of the incidents resulted in Holderness experiencing a black eye.

• A third unknown woman (who was also allegedly abused by Porter) contacted Holderness and Willoughby through Facebook and text after the story initially broke last year. “Rob was abusive, degrading, a liar and a cheater and during the course of my relationship with him, I found out that he was to others, too,” she said. “I am just searching for someone who might be able to relate to the hell I have gone through.”

• Although media sources have refused to release the third woman’s name, we do know that she apparently works for the government. It wasn’t immediately obvious whether or not that meant she worked in the White House or within a different department.

• Holderness and Willoughby allege that they were contacted by the FBI about Porter’s history during a security clearance investigation just last year. Both women claim they were honest with Bureau investigators, revealing intimate details of the abuse. At least one source claims their honesty may have interfered with Porter’s clearance.

• Porter is currently dating the mysterious and often silent White House communications director Hope Hicks. Hicks worked closely with other aides to create a defensive statement to the public over previous days – a fact many analysts are calling inappropriate for her position.

• The defensive statement in question was not only signed off on by White House Chief of Staff, John Kelly, but released under his name, too. Kelly is also defending Porter from the allegations.

• Hicks is also noteworthy because she may play a role in the current Russian interference investigation against the Trump administration. Trump originally awarded the former model and P.R. agent the esteemed position after meeting her through ex-wife Ivanka’s many projects.

• Although the White House and Trump administration seemed to be siding with Porter early in the week, by Wednesday, most sources had grown quiet on the issue. By Wednesday evening, Porter’s fate was sealed.

• Porter continues to firmly deny the allegations, but is now refusing to discuss the claims. “I have been transparent and truthful about these vile claims, but I will not further engage publicly with a coordinated smear campaign.”

Voice Your Opinion: