(UnitedVoice.com) – The year 2020 has been a doozy, with cities and states across the country responding to the pandemic in different ways. Repulican officials imposed some rules to keep people safe and educated, but were respectful of people’s rights. Democratic leaders, on the other hand, were a whole different breed.
Here are the five most insane lockdown rules:
- Curfew orders were put in place all over the US, as if the virus was less transmissible at night.
- In Michigan, Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer ordered hardware stores to close off areas in their buildings to customers. She deemed the paint sections and gardening centers unnecessary.
- Some localities banned drive-in church, but lawsuits put an end to those asinine rules.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) banned funerals in the state at one point.
- In Minnesota, residents were threatened with criminal prosecution for breaking the rules.
In Minnesota, you now face 90 days in jail or a $1000 fine if you socialize (speak or hang out with) someone who does not live in your home.
Whether inside your home or anywhere else, including outdoors.
If you "threaten to do so anyway", you face a $25,000 fine. pic.twitter.com/aVKzduFOGj
— Spike Cohen (@RealSpikeCohen) November 19, 2020
Americans value their freedom above almost all else and those restrictions were close to sending the country into conflict. Fortunately, many governors came to their senses — granted some only because the courts forced them to — but they still did.
Copyright 2020, UnitedVoice.com