Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t know how to be a politician. Yes, that’s a bold statement – but there’s plenty of proof.
She fudges numbers like it’s going out of style, completely lacks an understanding of fiscal economics, and regularly rants about why we should tax people into oblivion in order to drive innovation in clean energy (Green New Deal, anyone?)
Let’s not forget she’s lied so many times, the Washington Post even awarded her four Pinocchio awards. That’s quite an achievement for someone who isn’t even 30 years old and barely out of high school.
But it gets even scarier than that. Apparently, she doesn’t know the difference between Democrats and Republicans, either.
This one will really blow your mind.
- AOC shared an image of a politician standing beside a cardboard cutout of her smiling. “GOP: Let’s pose our older male members next to cardboard cutouts of young female legislators,” she added.
- We can’t show you HER tweet, as she caught on to her own stupidity and almost immediately deleted it. But another user managed to grab a screenshot of it and re-shared it. Look at this:
For those looking for the deleted tweet, here you go pic.twitter.com/uezDQ8Vfzw
— Jacob Payne (@cattleprod) April 25, 2019
- Yes, you’re seeing that right – it was originally shared by the Republican Party of Kentucky, and it did attack her politics. But look closely at the original post on the Official Page of the Republican Party of Kentucky:
#ThrowbackThursday last month the socialists threatened the lone #Kentucky #Democrat in Congress if he didn’t bend to their radical, extremist will: https://t.co/MdS3un7IIY looks like @AOC and #socialism are calling the shots for @KyDems now! pic.twitter.com/VIe6JWZZQy
— Republican Party of Kentucky (@KYGOP) April 25, 2019
- Just in case you don’t, let us fill you in. The man standing beside that cardboard cutout isn’t a member of the Kentucky GOP. In fact, he isn’t even a GOP member from anywhere – that’s John Yarmuth, a Kentucky Democrat.
- And, we might add, it isn’t an image of the GOP posing an “older man” with a younger female politician (what kind of creepy accusation is that, anyway), either. Yarmuth was most likely standing beside the picture to support her efforts, rather than trying to hinder them.
The fact is that AOC is so rabidly invested in insulting the GOP, she’s totally willing to overlook the facts or even engage in fact-checking. What does that mean for how she does her job?
AOC’s insane version of politics is a wild and crazy ride, to be sure. But instead of being a fun rollercoaster, it’s more like a car accident. Truthfully, we often can’t look away… but how could you, when it’s like the gift you never wanted in the first place just keeps on giving?