Big Pharma Exec and Criminal Found Dead

Big Pharma Exec and Criminal Found Dead of Apparent Suicide

( – Supreme Court Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor issued a ruling revoking the bail of former pharmaceutical executive Gigi Jordan to remain on bond while she appealed her murder conviction. A court convicted her of killing her 8-year-old son. However, shortly after the SCOTUS Justice handed down the ruling, authorities found Jordan dead.

Millionaire Dies

Law enforcement confirmed the discovery of Jordan’s body around midnight on December 30. She was lying in a bathtub in a rented Brooklyn home with a note near her body. According to reports, authorities believe she took her own life but have stopped short of making that statement without the medical examiner’s determination.

NBC 4 reported Norman Siegel, her attorney, confirmed Jordan’s death, calling it “unbelievably sad.” He claimed she still had a lot “to contribute to society.” The lawyer wasn’t sure suicide was the cause of his client’s demise. He claimed she was in good spirits when he’d spoken to her on the phone earlier in the day.

Case Against the Mother

In 2014, a Manhattan jury convicted Jordan of manslaughter in the death of her 8-year-old autistic son. The millionaire admitted that she killed her son by giving him a lethal dose of sleeping pills, painkillers, and tranquilizers. She put the cocktail of drugs into a syringe mixed with orange juice and alcohol, then put them down his throat.

The murder occurred in a $2,300-per-night suite at the Peninsula Hotel in 2010. Her attorneys argued she thought it would be a murder-suicide. She claimed she gave her child the lethal mix of drugs because she thought her first husband would murder her to get custody of the boy. She accused her ex of child abuse. Prosecutors weren’t convinced, telling the jury that she moved $125,000 out of her son’s trust account as he was dying.

In 2015, a jury sentenced Jordan to 18 years for the crime. Five years later, a Manhattan federal judge ordered a new trial in the case, saying the courts violated her right to a public trial. The allegation stemmed from a 15-minute portion of the trial held behind closed doors. The judge allowed her to leave prison on bond while she appealed for a new trial. Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg argued to the SCOTUS that when the courtroom reopened after the 15-minute period, the trial judge told the jury not to consume media outside of the hearings and unsealed two marked exhibits from when he closed the court.

If you or someone you love is having thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988.

Copyright 2023,