(UnitedVoice.com) – Novel coronavirus continues to spread across the world. Leaders across the globe are trying to contain the virus before it turns into a full-blown pandemic.
Here’s the most current news as of March 3, 2020:
- The number of people infected has surpassed 90,000
- More than 3,100 people have died.
- The US has 103 confirmed cases and 6 deaths.
- President Trump called on pharmaceutical companies to work faster on a vaccine.
I am meeting with the major pharmaceutical companies today at the White House about progress on a vaccine and cure. Progress being made!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 2, 2020
- Florida announced its first cases of the virus in Manatee, Sarasota and Hillsborough counties.
- GasBuddy’s Patrick DeHaan said gas prices are falling and he expects them to drop 30 cents more because of the virus.
- Congress is closer to a deal for $7.5 billion in funding to fight the illness.
As of Monday, drug companies and the government are still looking for a cure. The virus does not seem to be slowing down and US officials are increasing the number of tests on people.
Experts have repeatedly said that one of the best ways to protect yourself is by washing your hands frequently, but only if you know the right way to do it.
Copyright 2020, UnitedVoice.com