(UnitedVoice.com) – Democrats are treating the COVID-19 relief package like it’s a free-for-all. Instead of narrowing the focus of the partisan bill, they’re widening it. In the process, they are destroying the unity that President Biden promised the nation. There’s a bribe for nearly every Liberal in Congress to vote for the bill released last Friday, February 19. The 591-page plan is a massive Liberal wishlist that will incur more massive debt.
As former-President Obama’s Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel famously said, never let a good crisis go to waste. That’s exactly what’s going on here. The Left can’t pass its agenda through stand-alone legislation. Instead, they are hijacking relief for millions of Americans. It’s likely the House bill won’t pass muster with more conservative Democrats in the Senate, which is evenly divided and needs every single Democrat to vote for the bill. Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) say they will not vote for the bill if the minimum wage rider remains in the legislation. There could be other defections on other issues.
In that context, Conservatives in the House are fighting back and applying pressure to the Senate. On Tuesday, February 16, they published a three-page playbook exposing the Democrat’s gimmick on America. They point out that the package is loaded with devastating and unnecessary spending policies.
Democrats Hoping to Pass the Bill Before America Learns What’s In It
In 2010, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) made an off-the-cuff remark that to find out what’s in the bill (ObamaCare), Congress first needed to pass it. Well, it seems not much has changed as the Democrats tried to keep the contents of the massive $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill quiet. In the letter, Jim Banks, chairman of the Republican Study Committee outlined some of the most far-Left ideas in the bill that don’t deal with COVID-19:
- A $1,400 stimulus payment, including to illegal immigrants if they are part of a mixed-status family;
- Subsidies and loan forgiveness for farmers based on race and ethnicity;
- Environmental justice grant programs to receive $50 million;
- An $800 million foreign food aid plan;
- A $15 per hour job-busting minimum wage;
- Laying the groundwork for a federal overhaul of healthcare by expanding Medicaid eligibility;
- Federal benefits would provide for abortions through COBRA health insurance;
- Planned Parenthood could be eligible for PPP;
- An additional $130 million on top of the $110 billion already given to schools whether they are open or closed, empowering school closures;
- Labor unions, including teacher unions fighting against opening schools, are eligible for up to $10 million in PPP funding per union; and
- Billions of dollars in pork will go to Democratic districts for pet projects.
There’s more where that came from in the three-page memo from House conservatives.
How does any of this make America better or more secure?
How are their outrageous Liberal policies improving the quality of life or helping those in need?
Unfortunately, there appear to be no government constraints on how far the Left is willing to go to bankrupt America either morally or financially. Instead of unleashing the economy, this bill prepares America for more government dependency and an even larger, more bloated federal government with little accountability.
Don Purdum, Independent Political Analyst
Copyright 2021, UnitedVoice.com