Former Trump campaign aide Sam Nunberg, who was recently subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russian collusion investigation, is refusing to attend the hearing. In an explosive interview with the legal document’s intention. “Screw that,” he said. “Why do I have to go? Why? For what?” he asked. “I’m not cooperating. Arrest me. You want to arrest me? Arrest me.”
• When faced with the reminder that refusing to attend could result in jail time, the former aide remained stoic, calling it “ridiculous.” He also scoffed at Mueller’s potential intervention. “”I’m not going to get sent to prison. Mueller is not going to send me to prison for this.”
• Bizarrely, Nunberg also dragged former whistleblower Julian Assange into the argument. “They want me to testify against Roger [Stone],” Nunberg said. “They want me to say that Roger was going around telling people he was colluding with Julian Assange.”
• The interview was so bizarre that CNN’s reporters and politicians alike have both suggested that Nunberg was intoxicated or mentally unwell. But the former aide denied being drunk or high, with one exception; “Besides my meds, antidepressants, is that OK?”
• This is not the first time for Trump to target the former aide. He was officially fired from the POTUS’s initial campaign for advising him to interview with Buzzfeed, who proceeded to slander Trump’s campaign, calling it “fake.” He was fired once again after Trump’s inauguration for racist comments about Al Sharpton’s daughter.
• In the summer of 2016, Trump sued Nunberg for $10 million over an allegedly broken non-disclosure agreement. The lawsuit later settled for an undisclosed amount.
• Nunberg, who has equally supported and slammed the Trump administration at various points in the past, also took the time to blame the POTUS for his problems. “Donald Trump caused [the Russia investigation] because he’s an idiot,” he said. Strangely, he also defending the POTUS, saying “”No I’m not protecting him, but he didn’t do anything. You know what he did? He won the election.”
• Update: In a even more bizarre twist, Nunberg has now agreed to cooperate and has cancelled public interviews concerning the situation.