(UnitedVoice.com) – The 2020 election was a whirlwind. Every day, political pundits billed it as the “most important election of our lifetime.” The reality is, every time you go to the polls it feels like the “most important” time. That’s because each race is critical — and, also why it’s important to become civically engaged.
There are a few steps everyone can take to get involved in steering the country in the direction they want.
- Contact your representatives at a state, local, and federal level. Calling, emailing, and faxing are all simple ways to reach out to the politicians to remind them they have a constituency.
- Attend town hall events and official meetings in your county.
- Volunteer to campaign for a candidate you feel passionately about.
- Learn something new about the political system every day so that you can fight for what you believe in.
- Run for political office and be the change.
It doesn’t take much if you want to make the country a better place. And remember, any steps you take are important and useful, so don’t hesitate.
Copyright 2020, UnitedVoice.com