California Democratic Senator, Kamala Harris, has officially announced a plan to run for President in 2020. Her main promises? Truthfulness. Honesty. Decency. Sounds great, right?
… Except, maybe it’s not quite as transparent as you think. Here’s the other side of this unfolding story.
- It seems Ms. Harris is a bit of a political manipulator herself. First, let’s consider that she chose to make her announcement on Martin Luther King Day. What makes this so interesting is that Harris is the second black woman elected to the U.S. Senate. Rather than drawing attention to the benefits she’ll provide if elected, she seems to be encouraging people to focus on her race.
- Harris also isn’t as squeaky-clean as one might think. In the past, she’s been accused of sensationalizing and spinning news to suit the Leftist narrative. In fact, at least one of these incidents happened not long ago, during the Kavanaugh debacle.
- You see, Harris played an important role in how the Kavanaugh case was handled. She was on the Senate Judicial Committee. But that’s not the real concern; it’s the video she created and released during the case that should have you worried.
- Harris’ video showed clips of Kavanaugh speaking about birth control as if it could be used to abort babies. The problem with it was that it wasn’t a single shot, nor was it representative of what Kavanaugh actually said. Instead, it was a series of clips stitched together to make him look bad at a critical time.
- To add insult to injury, she also tried to use the video to dissuade people from electing Kavanaugh. Harris claimed it was “proof” he would go after women’s reproductive healthcare and somehow strip away birth control rights. That simply hasn’t come true, and there was really no indication that was ever what he meant.
- In fact, what Kavanaugh had actually said — in context, this time — was a reference to the conclusion of a prior Supreme Court case. He wasn’t giving his opinion; he was referring back to the case to illustrate how it had resolved.
- What does all of this mean for 2020? Ultimately, it means we’re about to have another Leftie running for leadership who is more than willing to lie to you to win. After the Hillary Clinton debacle, we have to step up to the plate and fight against this kind of high school gossip girl behavior even harder.