Sometimes, you just need a break from all the negative news. That’s exactly why we’re breaking free of the mold and focusing on something a little bit more light-hearted. Today, we’re talking about the famous First Lady, Melania Trump, again — but we aren’t covering more news about the Left being cruel to her. Instead, we’re celebrating who she is and where she comes from with these fast facts.
- Personal Bio: Melania Trump was born in Novo Mesto, Yugoslavia (that’s called Slovenia today) on April 26th, 1970. Her maiden name is Knavs, sometimes spelled “Knauss” due to its pronunciation.
- Childhood: Melania wasn’t always well-off; in fact, she grew up in a very middle-class neighborhood in a very middle-class kind of way. Her father, Viktor, was a used car salesman; her mother, Amalija, made children’s clothing and patterns.
- Modeling career: Melania’s “escape” from Slovenia didn’t start with Trump; instead, she used her appearance to her benefit and became a model. By the age of 17, she was actively pursuing her career and rapidly becoming internationally-recognized. By 1996, she was living in New York and working as one of ID Models’ best assets.
- Relationship: Although Melania met Donald Trump in 1998, the pair actually haven’t had the perfect love story. In fact, they even broke up and went there separate ways at least once (the second time was never confirmed). It isn’t clear why the mid-2000s breakup occurred, but it is clear that Donald Trump missed her dearly. Shortly afterward, he told a reporter that, “Melania is an amazing woman, a terrific woman, a great woman and she will be missed.”
- Intelligent: Melania just happens to be an extremely smart woman. She’s completely fluent in six languages, including Slovenian, French, Serbian, German, Italian and English. This has significantly benefited her role as a First Lady while also helping her become the internationally-recognized model she is.
- Paparazzi Problems: The press has been a massive thorn in our First Lady’s side since Trump’s inauguration. In fact, she was forced to sue the The Daily Mail and Tarpley, a U.S.-based blog, in 2016 after they implied she was involved with and working for an escort agency. The blog later retracted the story.
- Rare: Mrs. Trump is only the second foreign-born first lady to serve alongside the President of the United States. She shares this designation only with Louisa Adams, the wife of John Quincy Adams, who served in the 1820s.
- Her Own Skincare Line: Melania developed her own special line of skincare products (probably why she has such beautiful skin) called Caviar Complexe C6. Unfortunately, she partnered with a company named New Sunshine that completely failed in their duty, leading to a total lack of product availability and several lawsuits. She later sued, expressing anger and sadness over the failure that drove many fans to blame her, when really it was out of her control.