Who is more qualified to lead the country than our current President? According to Michelle Obama, the answer is just about anyone. At a sit-down interview within a “Good Morning America” episode, Obama shared her thoughts on the subject with co-host Robin Roberts… and we have to say, they’re pretty shocking.
• The statement Mrs. Obama made was in direct response to Roberts’ request for her opinion on who should represent the Democrats in the 2020 presidential election. “I think at this point everybody is qualified and everybody should run,” she said. “I might even tap [17-year-old daughter] Sasha.”
• Roberts, assuming part of her comment was ire over the current President’s actions, then asked Michelle whether she was referring to Trump. He brought up the fact that the President had very little political experience himself when he was elected, despite having years of experience running businesses.
• After a short, slightly-strange exchange in which both women appeared to subtly mock the President and apologize for bringing him up, Obama answered plainly. “Anybody who feels the passion to get in this race, we need them in there,” she clarified. “I hope we have a lot of great candidates who get in there and treat each other respectfully. That’s the thing I’m going to be looking for personally.”
• It’s a good thing Michelle doesn’t make the rules, because it takes a heck of a lot more than just good intentions to run a country of nearly 400 million citizens. The decisions made by her husband during his time in office give us just a glimpse of the kind of person Mrs. Obama sees as “fit.”
• Michelle also had outspoken opinions on the recent midterm elections and how they frame the 2020 election for the Left. “Thank God people saw that voting matters… you don’t make change by sitting frustrated. I’m not talking about what it means for one side or the other. What it speaks to is that democracy is still ours to own and control.”
• The former First Lady spent some of the interview speaking about her new book, “Becoming.” The biographical piece has been controversial because she clearly trashes the President multiple times. It also details her struggles with fertility and how life in the White House negatively impacted her children.