Midterm elections are right around the corner, and that means it’s time for all of us to put our resources together to secure a win for the right side. But figuring out who to vote for? That requires understanding the issues – at least, it does if you want to make an informed, rational decision, anyway. While the left is off hooting and hollering about every snowflake feeling under the sun, we’re here to help you understand what’s at stake and why you need to vote now more than ever.
• LGBTQ Protection Rights: Identity politics, here we come. One of the hottest issues this midterm will be whether LGBTQ should have rights as a minority group. This includes the right to use bathrooms from the opposite gender if they identify as transgender without question. It also means that employers who are religious or disagree with the LGBTQ lifestyle would effectively be forced to hire or partner with LGBTQ people.
• Pre-Existing Conditions: The left will do anything to convince you that Republicans are against forcing insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions. In fact, they’re campaigning on it – but it’s really just not true. Republican leaders specifically told voters that they plan to push for fairness and protections for America’s most vulnerable people this summer.
• #MeToo: Kavanaugh’s appointment to the Supreme Court, and ensuing sexual assault accusation drama, was one of the most polarizing issues to occur this year. Republicans are championing a position of true justice (innocent until proven guilty) while Democrats would hang everyone accused right out of the gate – no questions asked.
• Foreign Relations: China hacked us through the use of tiny clandestine chips installed on motherboards sold to our own government and largest corporations. Russia interfered with the last election (even though it had nothing to do with Trump, there is evidence of some interference). Should we accept these incidents or punish those who would do us harm with sanctions and tariffs? Most Republicans will support the latter rather than the former.
• The Economy: Unemployment is at the lowest it has been since the early 1970s, mostly thanks to Trump’s “drive the business home” philosophy. As the President said himself in a recent tweet, “The GDP Rate (4.2%) is higher than the Unemployment Rate (3.9%) for the first time in over 100 years!” If you want that to continue, you should vote for the side who will make it happen.
• Women’s Rights: Including abortion rights and the right for shady places like Planned Parenthood to receive state funding, no matter how questionable their tactics. Lefties will tell you that Republicans are anti-women, especially after Kavanaugh’s successful appointment to the Supreme Court. But it’s because of Republicans that women even have the right to vote on these issues. The Left must have conveniently forgotten about how long democrats blocked the 19th amendment before the Right finally got it passed them.
• Sanctuary Cities: The issue of sanctuary cities is also being raised this round. Should they exist, and if so, how far should permissions extend? In no other area of American law can someone flagrantly ignore the rules and even go as far as to say they won’t follow the law. That’s why so many sanctuaries are filled to the brim with criminals, gangs, and drugs. It’s time to put this to an end and make America great again!