The NRA is sick and tired of fake news from exterior news sources making claims about guns – so they’re doing something about it. A new advertisement released last week shows NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch sending a loud and clear message to the media. The video features Loesch standing in a dark room with only a table and a large hourglass in front of her. The music and ambiance feel dark, brooding, and serious. It’s not your average ad for a new show.
• “We’ve had enough of the lies; the sanctimony,” she begins. “…To every lying member of the media, to every Hollywood phony, to the role model athletes who use their free speech to alter and undermine what our flag represents. Your Time is running out. The clock starts now.”
• As Loesch ends her warning, she firmly flips the hourglass in front of her upside down. It is symbolic of the NRA’s refusal to put up with media lies from this point forward. It’s also a precursor for a show NRATV plans to launch this month. The series will focus on truth in media and the 2nd Amendment and will feature Loesch herself as the host.
• Loesch also delivered a similar message to the media in a recent press conference. “Now I’m going to say something that some people will say is controversial,” she said. “Many in legacy media love mass shootings. You guys love it,” she continued. “Now I’m not saying that you love the tragedy…but you love the ratings.”
• Because of the media’s constant push to link the NRA with money and lobbying, the show will be aired without commercial breaks.
• The spokeswoman also pointed out the media’s propensity for focusing on “crying white mothers” rather than mothers of color. “Where is the CNN Town Hall for Sanctuary Cities,” she pressed on. Loesch also specifically calls out several news media outlets and journalists, including Joy-Ann Reid, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, CNN, The Washington Post and The New York Times.
• It wasn’t immediately clear what the name of the new show might be (some have suggested “Time’s Up”), but the show is expected to launch on NRATV later this month. Stay tuned for more information when it rolls out!