Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) finds thoughts of the Holocaust “calming.”
Yes, you read that right — that’s a shocking claim. In fact, at first we assumed it had to be a hoax. Surely, no one would ever say something so vile…
Unfortunately, it’s true…
In true Leftist fashion, she’s now scrambling to lie and deny. Sadly for Ms. Tlaib, once something is on the Internet, it’s there for life.
The Full Comment:
“There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s passports,” Tlaib said on the podcast’s most recent episode, published Friday. “And, just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time. And, I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways, but they did it in a way that took their human dignity away and it was forced on them.”
- The sheer abhorrent nature of that paragraph is more than enough for most of us to be appalled, but there are actually multiple issues at play here. For one thing, her version of history is downright questionable and clearly anti-Israel.
- Talking about the Holocaust as anything but one of the most devastating tragedies in history is also completely anti-Semetic. Sadly, it’s also a common theme in the ever-growing push to delegitimize Israel’s claims against Palestine.
- House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) immediately expressed her sincere and warranted outrage. “Representative Tlaib’s comments about the Holocaust are sickening,” she said. “I call on Speaker Pelosi and Leader Hoyer to finally take action against Representative Tlaib and other members of the Democratic caucus who are spreading vile anti-Semitism.”
- She also called for general action against burgeoning Liberal ideals that paint Jewish people and Israelites in a negative light. “All of us, regardless of party, must stand as Americans against the evil of anti-Semitism.”
- Instead of taking responsibility for her actions and apologizing, Tilab went on the defense. She released a statement “explaining away” the incident, accusing Cheney of being out to get her by spreading falsehoods. Cheney, of course, was quick to respond.
Here’s @RepRashida direct quote, “There’s a calming feeling I always tell folks when I think of the Holocaust.” And her “history” of what happened after is a fantasy based on lies spread to delegitimize the state of Israel. https://t.co/5akpUSApIE
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) May 13, 2019
Ms. Tlaib can accuse all she wants; her words are impossible to ignore. And let’s remember that this is the same woman who called for Americans to take action against Trump, telling them to impeach “the motherf***er.”
How is someone like this in office??