Republican news anchor, Tomi Lahren, has never had it easy in the public eye. It seems the Left likes to make fun of her no matter what she does. First, it was her appearance as a stereotypically all-American girl. Then, it was her comments on politics taken out of context. Then, it was the fact that she wasn’t afraid of standing up to the naysayers and staying true to her own opinions, even when it was controversial or uncomfortable.
Now, Lahren is being harassed over yet another subject: her rigid opinions on U.S.-Mexico border laws. She spoke out recently on social media, commenting on the issue of tear gas being used against migrants. According to the liberal viewpoint, that makes her a psychopath.
• It all started with a tweet from Donald Trump, who wrote this: “Would be very SMART if Mexico would stop the Caravans long before they get to our Southern Border, or if originating countries would not let them form (it is a way they get certain people out of their country and dump in U.S. No longer). Dems created this problem. No crossings!”
• TV actress Alyssa Milano (you might remember her from the show “Who’s the Boss,” in the early 90s) fired back. Unfortunately, her words were so completely inappropriate, we can’t post them here… but suffice to say they contained more swearing than a modern rap song. See it here if you like, but fair warning: it’s enough to anger anyone who supports our President.
• That’s about when Lahren stepped in. Like many of us, she’s fed up to the top with the Left whining when they don’t understand reality. “Bum-rushing the border is a CHOICE,” she wrote, “and has consequences. Watching the USA FINALLY defend our borders was the HIGHLIGHT of my Thanksgiving weekend.”
• Somehow, this was immediately twisted into, “Watching kids getting gassed at the border was the highlight of my week,” by Left-leaning news outlets. Which, as you can clearly see, isn’t the same thing at all. Talk about fake news!
• Over the past few days, Lahren has received everything from comments saying she should be raped, murdered, shot, or worse for what she posted. They’ve insulted her intelligence, her appearance, you name it. Status quo hasn’t changed, apparently, but she isn’t backing down.
• Lahren posted again shortly after the fake posts began rolling out. “Kids are getting caught up in the tear gas and these pearl-clutching liberals blame troops and border patrol? Um what about the parents rushing the border with their children??!! Not exactly parents of the year!”
• She also reminded people that there’s an easy way to avoid being tear gassed at the border: just don’t bum-rush it in the first place. As for the hateful comments, don’t worry too much about Lahren. She’s neither a snowflake nor a wimp, and is clearly adept at getting to the root of misunderstandings like these.