The Left loves to claim the President is a woman-hater; they use his college locker room talk as “proof” he’s a predator. The sensible among us know this isn’t true. If it were, his wife, Melania, wouldn’t be as quick to support him and show her love for him during interviews!
Now, Trump is showing his support for women and their rights in a different way. Rather than lavishing praise on his wife, he gave a shout out to the many talented women serving in Congress.
And for once, everyone agrees.
- Democrats and Republicans alike cheered President Trump on as he spoke to Congress and the House during his State of the Union Address. It started with a few simple facts: the US now has more women in the working economy than ever before.
- “No one has benefited more from our thriving economy than women,” he said, “who have filled 58% of the newly created jobs last year.” Instantly the crowd responded, erupting in cheers of “U-S-A!”
- Surprisingly, the loudest cheers didn’t come from the President; they came from the Left. Democratic Reps. Elissa Slotkin, Chrissy Houlahan, Mary Gay Scanlon and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, all of whom were dressed as Suffragettes, stood, clapped, and whistled.
- Trump, standing tall on the podium, chuckled and gently chided the ladies as they cheered. “You weren’t supposed to do that,” he reminded them, alluding to the so-called “fight” between the Left and the Right. “All Americans can be proud that we have more women in the workforce than ever before,” he said.
- This alone was an incredible moment, but the President was far from finished layering on the praise. “Don’t sit yet, you’re going to like this,” he said, smiling at the crowd. “… exactly one century after Congress passed the constitutional amendment giving women the right to vote, we also have more women serving in Congress than at any time before.”
- He’s right. Nearly 100 women were elected to the House this year; that’s the most in the entire history of the United States. The times are changing (even if it isn’t quite the way the Left would like to believe).
- Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand – one of the hopefuls for 2020, we might add – wasn’t quite as excited. She tweeted that, “President Trump seems not to understand that the female jobs he created were Democratic women in Congress.” Of COURSE there has to be one negative Nancy in the crowd.
- Twitter user Joshua Montoya fired back at Gillibrand, pointing out her hypocrisy. “Once again you highlight what is wrong with the Dems,” he responded. “The reason you lost the 2016 election…you brought the beauty of women getting jobs back to yourselves. It’s about the working class not the political divas (men and women) getting a one up on each other.”
- Even Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI), who once said “ “impeach the motherf******”, had the good grace to admit Trump got it right this time. Calling his words “very truthful,” she said “It felt amazing at that moment to look at each other and see a sea of white looking back at us and we were very proud that it was our side of the aisle that was able to do that.”
Are we in the Twilight zone? The Right and the Left came together to agree with President Trump. That’s PIVOTAL!
2020 is just around the corner. Could it finally be the moment we all stop the nonsense and find common ground – and support a stronger America?
We can only hope.