South Korean leader, Moon Jae-in, is crediting President Donald J. Trump with restoring peace between the Koreas after extensive talks successfully resolved their conflicts. “President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize. What we need is only peace,” he said, lavishing the POTUS with praise.
• Leaders Kim Jong-un and Jae-in finalized a deal just this past week to not only end the war between the Koreas, but also for North Korea to finally shut down their nuclear program. North Korean officials seemed happy to agree as long as the US “promises not to invade.”
• Moon Jae-in and Kim Jong-un crossed the border between the two countries on live television this week. First, Jae-in invited Jong-un into South Korea; the North Korean leader then returned the favor. The pair held hands throughout the exchange and seemed very pleased.
• Trump responded to the praise positively on social media, encouraging people to take note that good things were happening. “KOREAN WAR TO END! The United States, and all of its GREAT people, should be very proud of what is now taking place in Korea!”
• Trump will still continue to seek peace talks with North Korea in hopes of improving relations between the two countries, which remained strained but hopeful. For his part, the POTUS has suggested meeting at Peace House, a diplomatic meeting point close to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).
• Trump did caution people to be hopeful, but wait for confirmation of improvement before putting down their guard. “After a furious year of missile launches and Nuclear testing, a historic meeting between North and South Korea is now taking place. Good things are happening, but only time will tell!”