President Donald Trump is lashing out at Samsung, one of the nation’s primary electronic device providers, over missing texts between FBI experts Peter Strzok and Lisa Page. Approximately 50,000 texts sent between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017 have disappeared, timing that places the missing messages smack-dab in the middle of the original special counsel probe. The White House is indicating that the missing messages may point to “possibly illegal behavior,” but thus far, has refused to clarify exactly what that might mean or what sort of illegal behavior took place (if any).
• Trump immediately lashed out on Twitter in response to the news. His first message demanded answers from tech giant Samsung. “Where are the 50,000 important text messages between FBI lovers Lisa Page and Peter Strzok? Blaming Samsung!’
• The POTUS later realigned his sights on the FBI. “’In one of the biggest stories in a long time, the FBI now says it is missing five months worth of lovers Strzok-Page texts, perhaps 50,000, and all in prime time. Wow!”
• Experts investigating the missing texts believe they may have disappeared due to a software glitch specific to Samsung 5 devices. The glitch rarely causes corruption or deletion of stored information (in this case, texts) during upgrades, and could potentially explain the situation.
• It is not yet known whether or not there is any evidence to prove that the missing messages indicate any illegal activity. Some sources are claiming the messages were mostly exchanges between Strzok and Page during a time in which the two were having an illicit affair.
• Despite being unable to access the texts, some information about the texts is known. Experts have identified that some of the texts contained information that showed FBI members behaving in a way that was clearly biased against the President. This could impact a larger current conversation about whether or not Hilary Clinton was granted special treatment by the FBI during her email investigation.
• Sarah Huckabee-Sanders confirmed the President’s concerns about biased influences in an interview. She suggested that the POTUS believed there was “great cause for concern,”and then added, “particularly given the individual had part of that process has already been shown to be extremely biased against the president and was involved in what seems to be some very inappropriate behavior and that’s certainly a great concern.”
• Jeff Sessions is vowing to uncover the texts no matter what it takes. “’We will leave no stone unturned to confirm with certainty why these text messages are not now available to be produced and will use every technology available to determine whether the missing messages are recoverable from another source.”
SPECIAL: Lost Medicine Man remedy found to reverse hearing loss
Do you think this is a technology glitch or that something is deliberately being covered up?