You’ll LOVE this…
It’s just another instance of the President refusing to back down to pressure from undesirables (including the Left).
President Trump escalated his efforts to secure the US-Mexico border over the weekend by putting his foot firmly down on Mexico’s refusal to cooperate. Instead of offering to come to the table for more useless talks, or compromising, he made it really simple:
Stop sending undocumented immigrants in…
… Or he’ll just close the border permanently.
It’s all part of Making America Great Again.
- The President first revealed his audacious plan in a tweet from late last week, tossing the ball squarely in Mexco’s corner. “If Mexico doesn’t immediately stop ALL illegal immigration coming into the United States throug [sic] our Southern Border, I will be CLOSING…the Border, or large sections of the Border, next week,” he wrote. Can’t get much clearer than that!
- A second tweet from the President really drove home where he places the real blame. “… DEMOCRATS have given us the weakest immigration laws anywhere in the World,” he exclaimed. He’s right; current laws are far more progressive and lax than they have been in the past.
- “Mexico has the strongest,” he added, “& they make more than $100 Billion a year on the U.S. Therefore, CONGRESS MUST CHANGE OUR WEAK IMMIGRATION LAWS NOW, & Mexico must stop illegals from entering the U.S.”
- Trump also spoke with reporters at Lake Okeechobee in Florida on Friday, March 29, confirming his plan to shut down the border entirely by saying he is “not playing games.”
- “If they don’t stop them, we are closing the border,” he explained. “We will close it and keep it closed for a long time.” This would effectively stop all traffic between the two countries, including citizen thoroughfare, imports, exports, and tourism.
- The President’s ire comes from frustration over Central America and Mexico’s complete lack of effort in putting a stop to the migrant caravans. Instead, they continue to allow them to flow towards the US border, adding intense pressure to American services and putting Americans at risk for violent crime.
- Kirstjen Nielsen, Secretary for Homeland Security, clarified that any such closings would likely end up being short — but that they’re well within the realm of possibility if things don’t change. “It’s short, at the moment, of the full closure of any port,” she said. “But I think what the president is making clear is with these numbers if we have to close ports to take care of all of the numbers who are coming, we will do that.”
- A second undisclosed senior administrator confirmed that Trump would deploy officers from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), if required. Officers would be assigned to patrol closed sections of the border to prevent entry and exit. The hope is that the inability to even ask for asylum would stem the tsunami of people showing up every single day.