President Donald Trump has taken the first step towards action in Syria by sending a fleet of 12 warships sailing toward the Middle East. The ships, which include the famous guided missile destroyer USS Arleigh Burke, are sailing under the military’s “Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group” and include an assortment of equipment ranging from nuclear-armed submarines to destroyers and at least one aircraft carrier.
• This is the largest US warship strike since the one conducted during the Iraq War in 2003.
• Just days ago, President Trump shocked the media by posting a sudden tweet indicating that he would move to intervene in Syria. Despite the fact that the administration did not confirm the decision, Trump’s tweet stated that “ “nice and new and ‘smart’ missiles will be coming” toward the country.
• Last night, President Trump announced that the US Military had been ordered to conduct a precision strike against Syria.
• The US is joined in their efforts against Syria by the United Kingdom and France.
• Russia has indicated that they will move to intervene against the United States if missiles are sent into the country. The tenuous situation could inflame already struggling relations between the two countries.
• Om Twitter this morning, President Trump tweeted “A perfectly executed strike last night. Thank you to France and the United Kingdom for their wisdom and the power of their fine Military. Could not have had a better result. Mission Accomplished!”