There’s a witch hunt brewing against Brett Kavanaugh. The snakey Democrats couldn’t stand the idea that they may be proven wrong; somehow, they managed to dig up a bad actor from his past. Christine Blasey Ford alleges that Kavanaugh molested her, forced himself on her, and assaulted her – not just last week, or even last year, but nearly 30 years ago, when they were teenagers.
• The sheer idiocy and timing of these accusations makes it blindingly clear that they’re false. However, due course is due course. Unfortunately, the law in Massachusetts does make it possible for Kavanaugh to be investigated.
• As of right now, Kavanaugh specifically stands accused of leading Ford into a bedroom at a party. He allegedly then pinned her down on the bed, groped her in several sensitive areas, and tried to forcefully remove her bathing suit. She says that when she attempted to scream, he put his hand over her mouth so that no one would hear.
• As anyone with sense would suspect, Kavanaugh completely denies all of the accusations in full. He even went as far as to say that he had no idea who made the accusations until he was told. This is a critical point; if you haven’t assaulted anyone, how could you possibly know the make believe person’s name?
• But… why NOW? It seems awfully suspicious that Ford never said a word for 30 years; the second he is nominated for a justice position, suddenly she feels the need to bring him to justice. Ford claims she was motivated by the nomination; she wants to give senators a “fuller understanding” of his character before they approve him. Suspicious!
• Kavanaugh’s final judiciary committee vote on the nomination was scheduled for Tuesday. In a last-minute slide to catch the runner before he hits home base, the Dems managed to get in there and delay the vote. They know this is there final opportunity to “sock it to the Republicans” and protect their own asses. Because Kavanaugh certainly won’t give them any quarter if he gets in.
• It feels like a new form of filibuster, to be honest. Accuse the man, force the need for a hearing, spend weeks delaying the vote in the hopes that people give up and choose someone else. Or, maybe they think he’ll step down. Either way, it’s stalling for time and there’s very little to support that it’s real.
• Kavanaugh’s accuser, Ford, has stated that she is willing to testify in the right circumstances. She had to submit her testimony in document form no later than Friday, September 21, 2018. The hearing itself will take place on Monday, September 24, but we all know nothing is going to come of it because it has zero substance.